Friday, December 17, 2010

Nursery Reveal

I am so happy to finally show you Micah's completed nursery!
My goal was to create a fun space that he wasn't going to out grow quickly. I really wanted to stay away from any specific theme's but have a lot of nature inspired items. It was amusing to realize later that the first item I had for the nursery was a calendar print of James Christensen's Flight of the Fable Maker that I'd had my Mum frame a few years ago. I had it hanging else where in the house and had totally forgotten about it until half way through finishing the nursery. It fits in perfectly and ties the whole room together. So somewhere I managed to keep that in the back of my mind as I made all of my design choices!

I can't say by any stretch of the imagination that this nursery really ended up being budget friendly, well at least by our standards. But I did pick items that could be used for all future children and then could transition into our house in other areas easily. And everything that I could possible do myself I did.



Matt and I have always thought it would be fun to have a giant map in the house so I decided to incorporate one into the nursery. I just love the array of muted colors it brings into the room and I made a bunch of flags out of Japanese masking tape and straight pens to mark all of the place we've been separate, together, and soon as a family.

It's hard to pick a favorite item in the room but the Tree Stump Ottoman is definitely near the top. And to make it even sweeter it's full of a schleich animal collection my dad has steadily been adding to.
The Mobile and Quilt are my other favorites for the room. And are hopefully items that will be with him for many years to come.


Most of the toys in the room are hand-me-downs from various family members. With a few additions like his own Steiff elephant, SIGG bottle and various Melissa & Doug items.
Well there it all is finally! I hope you guys enjoy the pictures as much as we are enjoying the room! Oh and sorry there is not Micah shoot for you this post has taken a few days to get together and I simply forgot to load one in at the bottom when I started... I'll try to get some up in the next few days! : P

Resource list:

Crib - Walmart.com
Dresser- 'vintage' piece my parents picked up second hand for me in Germany
Chair - Babiesrus
Side table - Pottery Barn Kids
Rug - Pottery Barn
Wall sconce - Restoration Hardware outlet
Curtains - Pottery Barn pinstriped sheers discontinued
Closet shelves/hanging system- Lowes
Book baskets & wall hooks - from Ballard Designs but have since been discontinued
Map - McMaps.com
Toy Chest- has been in the family since my mum was a child
The elephant puppet is from this etsy shop
Puky Bike - a gift from my parents



5 comments:

  1. Wow Jess! This is a GREAT room! You all did a fantastic job of putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micah's nursery is amazing and comfortable! I know you will love it for a long time! You did such a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really really cute! I can't believe how much of it you made. I love how there is no cheesy baby stuff!! Nice Job =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! How absolutely spectacular! Well thought out and truly inspirational in all it's hand made, hand-me-down goodness!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. helloooo!! i left a comment here already, days ago!..where is it? Or did I accidentally post it somewhere else..anyway, I just happen to click to see if I posted here and nothing! Poof!
    Love the room a lot. it looks so serene and beautifully decorated:) Love the old toy box and map. We had a framed map with little flags but a certain someone named AVA scooted a chair up to the wall and took out all the flags so in storage it went. boo!
    i love the room, Did I say that already? So boy but not cheesy like Mary said. tasteful just like you!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!